North Wind Evolves, Expands
Company competes, wins competitive contract awards
In December 2009, CIRI purchased North Wind, a company based in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Since then, North Wind has grown to a group of companies employing more than 300 scientific, engineering, management and professional personnel in office locations throughout the country.
“CIRI has helped plan and oversee the development of the new subsidiaries which comprise the North Wind Group of companies,” said Greg Razo, CIRI vice president of government contracting. “Each new subsidiary focuses on a particular sector in the government contracting market and is staffed with top-quality professionals to meet our customer’s needs. CIRI is excited about being able to meet the diverse needs of our customers.”
The North Wind Group now offers a full range of services to meet client needs. The group includes:
- North Wind Inc. – Environmental, waste management, engineering, construction and demolition services
- North Wind Services – Technical services, including environmental investigation and restoration, engineering, construction, demolition, radioactive and hazardous waste management, public communication and involvement, information management and emergency response services
- North Wind Resource Consulting – Natural and cultural resource consulting, Geographic Information Systems, and National Environmental Policy Act compliance and permitting services
- North Wind Construction Services – Heavy civil construction services, with special expertise in mine reclamation, repository construction and operation, landfill closures and stream restoration
- North Wind Solutions – Base operations support, facilities operation and maintenance, security control services and military munitions response
- North Wind Site Services – Demolition, asset recovery, salvage and site work for clients such as the Department of Energy, the Department of Defense and the Federal Aviation Administration.
In 2012, North Wind added military munitions response activities and asset recovery services to its portfolio. As North Wind grows, it continues to compete for contracts. Recent multimillion dollar awards include contracts with the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality to support cleanup at the Bunker Hill Mine site, a building renovation project at Peterson Air Force Base and supporting the Hyder Causeway Project in Alaska. Learn more about North Wind by visiting www.northwindgrp.com.
From the CIRI Corporate Newsletter, The Raven’s Circle.