Earlier this week the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced the award of an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) contract to North Wind Solutions, LLC. North Wind will provide technical and administrative support services to the West Valley Demonstration Project site in New York. The support services to be provided under this basic contract include, but are not limited to:
• Subject matter expert assistance to support the DOE directly and to support DOE oversight of the site prime contractor
• Technical consultation and implementation of a variety of safety, environmental, quality, and health programs
• Environmental characterization support
• Database maintenance and administration of DOE’s data management system
• Support of project management and controls
• Support of project execution
• Support of safeguards and security
• Ancillary administrative support.
The contract will have a maximum value of $15 million with a five-year ordering period. Firm-fixed-price and time-and-material task orders may be issued from the basic contract. North Wind’s Eastern Regional Manager, Jeff Scott, commented, “We are extremely excited about this opportunity to support the Department of Energy and the West Valley Demonstration Project on their exciting and important mission.”
North Wind Solutions is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified 8(a) program participant and a subsidiary of North Wind Group, one of the nation’s leading small businesses providing engineering, construction, environmental, and technical services to federal and state agencies and private industry. Founded in 1997, North Wind has grown to a group of companies that employs more than 400 scientific, engineering, management, construction and professional personnel. Since 2009, North Wind has been a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cook Inlet Region, Inc., an Alaska Native Corporation. North Wind is headquartered in Idaho Falls, Idaho, and operates from more than 20 office locations throughout the country.
— End –
For more information, visit the North Wind web site at www.northwindgrp.com.